In Post-production September 2012
Projects by EAVE producers now in post-production
- KERTU, written and directed by Ilmar Raag, producer: EAVE 2004 graduate and Estonian National Coordinator, Riina Sildos, is in post-production. Set in rural Estonia, the movie tells a story of a woman, Kertu, whose life with her violent father has led to obsessive fear of strangers. Still reclusive at 35, she makes a desperate attempt to change her life by sending a postcard to a village drunk asking him to make her pregnant. The movie is budgeted at 490,000 EUR and funded by the Estonian Film Foundation, the Estonian Cultural Endowment and private sponsors. The producers are still seeking some postproduction funding and looking for distributors and a festival for a world-premiere screening in the first half of 2013.
- DARK TOUCH by Marina De Van, co- producers: EAVE 2001 graduate and EAVE group leader Patrick Sobelman and EAVE 1991 graduate Ed Guiney is in post-production. Backed by Eurimages to the tune of €390,000, the film has also been pre-bought by Canal + and Ciné+. Shooting takes place in Ireland and Sweden.
- IT’S ALL SO QUIET by Nanouk Leopold, executive producer: EAVE 1994 graduate Stienette Bosklopper is in post-production. The film about a father-son relationship between an old farmer and his closet gay son is based on Gerbrand Bakker’s novel 'The Twin'. Financing: Film- und Medienstiftung NRW (Nordrhein-Westfalen), MEDIA Programme, Dutch Film Fund, CoBO (National Broadcasters Coproduction Fund) and VPRO.
- BEAT GIRL by EAVE 2007 graduate Mairtin de Barra, producer: EAVE 2006 graduate Triona Campbell, writer and creative director EAVE 2006 graduate Nuno Bernardo is in post-production.
- THE BLACK BROTHERS by Xavier Koller, co-producer: INTERCHANGE 2011 graduate Samir is in post-production. Based on the children's book by Lisa Tetzner and Kurt Held and set in the mid-19th century, the film tells the story of a young boy who is sold to Milan as a chimney sweeper where he establishes the secret society The Black Brothers with his friends. Production companies: Dschoint Ventschr, Enigma Film, Herold Productions, Odeon Film and Starhaus Filmproduktion. Financing: Bundesamt für Kultur (BAK), Zürcher Filmstiftung, ARD Degeto, BKM (Beauftragter für Kultur and Medien), BR (Bayrischer Rundfunk), FilmFernsehFonds Bayern (fff-bayern), Film- und Medienstiftung NRW (Nordrhein-Westfalen), German Federal Film Board (FFA), Hessen Invest, NDR, WDR, Business Location Südtirol – Alto Adige (BLS) and Arte Germany.
- POST PARTUM by Delphine Noels, producers: EAVE 1991 graduate Paul Thiltges and EAVE 2011 graduate David Grumbach is in post-production. Production companies: FraKas Productions, Les Productions Balthazar and Paul Thiltges Distribution. The Thriller is funded by Wallimage, FONSPA, Wallonie Bruxelles Images.
- CHASING THE WIND by Rune Langlo Denstad, producers: EAVE 1995 graduate Sigve Endresen and EAVE 1995 graduate Heino Deckert is in post-production. The film tells the story of Anna who has not seen her family in 10 years, but when her grandmother dies, she goes back for an unexpected homecoming. Budget: $4M, financing: Norwegian Film Institute, MDM.
- WRESTLING IN DAKAR, produced and directed by EAVE 2007 graduate Edward Porembny is in post-production. The project has received the Docs in Progress Prize at the Sunny Side of the Docs. The film by AMP Polska in co-production with Les Film du Tambour de Soie received Media TV Broadcasting support and has been picked up by six European Broadcasters including ARTE France, Al Jazeera UK, TVP Poland and NRK Norway.
Page published 25 September 2012. Updated 26 September 2012.