In development / pre-production July 2012
7 productions by EAVE graduates supported by EURIMAGES
Eurimages supports 17 European co-productions with a total amount of 5 530 000 Euros – among them are seven productions by EAVE graduates:
- LAUF JUNGE, LAUF, produced and directed by EAVE 1994 graduate Pepe Danquart, co-producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Izabela Wojcik
- SPUTNIK by Markus Dietrich, producers: EAVE 2010 graduate Marcel Lenz and EAVE 2008 graduate Guido Schwab
- WANDELSTERNE by Benjamin Heisenberg, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Jonas Dornbach
- EAVE 2011 project THE JUDGMENT directed and produced by EAVE 2011 graduate Stephan Komandarev, co-producer: Film Finance Forum 2012 expert Alexander Ris
- THE BLUE WAVE by Merve Kayan and Zeynap Dadak, producers: EAVE 2011 graduate Enis Köstepen, EAVE 2008 graduate Dirk Decker and EAVE 2011 graduate Floor Onrust
- LE TEMPS DE L’AVENTURE by Jérome Bonnell, co-producer: EAVE 1991 graduate Ed Guiney
- MOSCOW NEVER SLEEPS by John O’Reilly, co-producer: EAVE 2005 graduate Katie Holly
- BOTA by Iris Elezi, co-producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Guilleaume de Seille
- Two feature films and one documentary received a total of 8 million Euro as development grants from the Hungarian National Film Fund, among them: DOLPHIN by Ferenc Török, producer: EAVE 2012 participant Andrea Taschler
- REFUGIADO by Diego Lerman, co-producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Oliver Damian is in pre-production. Produced by Campo Cine SRL, the film receives funding by the Berlinale World Cinema Fund. REFUGIADO tells the story of Matías, a four-year-old boy, who arrives at a Women’s Shelter. He’s with his mother Laura. Laura decides to leave the shelter, to set out to rebuild her broken family. With Matías, she begins a whirlwind tour around the city, where previously known things now pose a threat. Shooting on locations in Argentina starts in October.
- WETTBEWERB by Dito Tsintsadze, producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Oliver Damian gets support from the German-French Funding Commission.
- BLIND by Thomas Woschitz, producer: EAVE 2003 graduate Gabriele Kranzelbinder is funded by the BLS, Film Fund & Commission of the Alto Adige.
- MARINA by Stijn Coninx, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Peter Bouckaert is currently in pre-production. Production companies: Eyeworks Film & TV Drama, Les Films du Fleuve and Orisa Produzioni. Written by Rik D’hiet, the film is based on the youth memories of Italian singer Rocco Granata. It tells the story of the Italian migration in the fifties, told through the eyes of a young Italian immigrant. Shooting is planned from September to November.
- THE TREATMENT by Hans Herbots, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Peter Bouckaert is currently in financing stage. Production companies: Eyeworks Film & TV Drama, Artémis and Phanta Vision. The film has received production support from the Flemish Film Funds, Wallimage and the Dutch Film Fund. The script, written by Carl Joos is based upon the novel THE TREATMENT by UK writer Mo Hayder.
- WANDELSTERNE by Benjamin Heisenberg, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Jonas Dornbach is in development. The film tells the story of a man who starts seeing a therapist who used to have NS connections. BKM (Beauftragter für Kultur and Medien) and Eurimages support this comedy.
- WHOSE COUNTRY? by Mohamed Siam, producer EAVE PCP 2008/Interchange 2010 graduate Talal Al-Muhanna received funding from the Sundance Institute and Organisation de la Francophonie.
- 2055 by Laila Hotait Salas and Rania Tawfik, producer EAVE PCP 2008/Interchange 2010 Talal Al-Muhanna is in pre-production in Tangier and Morocco. The docu-fiction is supported by CPH:DOX LAB and Screen Institute Beirut.
Page published 23 July 2012.