In development / pre-production August 2012
Projects by EAVE producers now in development
- EL 5 by Adrián Biniez, producers: EAVE PUENTES Group Leader Fernando Epstein, EAVE PUENTES 2011 graduate Agustina Chiarino, co-producers: EAVE PUENTES Head of Studies Jean des Forêts, EAVE PUENTES expert Christoph Friedel, EAVE Film Marketing workshop expert Frans van Gestel, executive producer EAVE PUENTES 2012 expert Veronica Cura is in pre-production. EL 5 tells the story of Patón Bonasiolle, captain and number 5 from Talleres de Escalada (4th division in Argentinian football), who, after being expelled for a flagrant foul during a match, realises that his career has come to an end. Production companies: Mutante Cine, Morocha Films, Pandora Filmproduktion, Petit Film, Topkapi Films. The film has received support from CNC/MAE - Aide aux Cinémas du Monde, INCAA, NRW, MEDIA development, ICAU, Hubert Bals Fund for development and Hubert Bals Plus and has been pre-sold to Arte/ZDF. Shooting is planned for spring 2013.
- ENTERTAINMENT SUSPECT by Neïl Beloufa, producers: Marie Dubas & EAVE PUENTES Head of Studies Jean des Forêts, has been awarded in FIDLab coproduction platform. The film will be offered a DCP by the Paris-based company Video de Poche. ENTERTAINMENT SUSPECT takes place in a small Parisian hotel where a crime is perpetrated. We will never know the nature of this crime, we will never know who did it, and actually we will never know if it ever really happened. Production company: Petit Film. The film is at writing stage.
- HALOLA by Georgi Beridze, producer: EAVE 1999 graduate Veit Helmer is in development. Shooting of the film about a man who divorces his wife but then changes his mind is planned for 2013 on location in Tajikistan.
- MIDDAY SUN by Mark Brozel, producer: EAVE 1999 graduate Mark Lavender is in development. Production companies are Jaleo Films, Les Films D'Antoine and RS Productions. The plot: After an English couple's young son is murdered in Spain, the prime suspect dies suspiciously in a hit and run and the boy's father is wrongly blamed. The film with a budget of £1.5M is supported by Northern Film And Media, ICAA, Jaleo Films and RS Productions. Shooting on locations in Spain is due for 2012.
- EAVE 2011 project I WON’T COME BACK, produced by EAVE 2011 graduate Natalia Drozd is in pre-production. Shooting in Russia, Belorussia and Kazakhstan is scheduled for September to November 2012 and spring 2013. Partners in this Russian-Estonian-Finnish-Belorussian co-production are EAVE 2004 graduate and EAVE Board Member Riina Sildos, EAVE 2002 graduate & Finnish National Coordinator Aleksi Bardy and Belorus-Film.
- EAVE 2006 graduate Tomas Leyers has currently two films in development:LOS FLAMENCOS by Daniel Lambo, due to shoot in October 2012 andLUCIFER by Gust Van den Berghe, shooting is planned for April 2013. The film is selected for Puentes Australab and will be presented at AUSTRALAB.
Page published 27 August 2012.