In Cinema, on TV/Radio/Online and Crowdfunding in July 2012
Film releases by EAVE graduates
- ICH BIN EINE TERRORISTIN by Valérie Gaudissart, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Juliette Grandmont is running in French cinemas.
- MAN WITHOUT A CELL PHONE by Sameh Zoabi, producer: EAVE 2006 graduate Marie Gutmann can be seen in French theatres from July 25.
- AVALON by Axel Petersen, producer: EAVE 2010 graduate Erika Wasserman was released in Denmark on July 19.
- OUTBOUND (PERIFERIC) by Bogdan George Apetri, co-producer: EAVE 1999 graduate Josef Aichholzer started in German theatres on July 12.
- IRON SKY by Timo Vuorensola, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Tero Kaukomaa, co-producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Oliver Damian had its Czech release on July 12.
- THE GIANTS by Bouli Lanners, producers: EAVE 2000 graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart & EAVE 1992 graduate and Head of Studies Jani Thiltges is on in UK cinemas July 13.
- KILL ME by Emily Atef, producers: EAVE 2006 graduate Nicole Gerhards, EAVE 1995 graduate Ralph Schwingel, co-producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Hanneke van der Tas started in German cinemas on July 5.
- MISS KICKI, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Lizette Jonjic was released in Germany on July 26.
- PLAYOFF by Eran Riklis, producer: EAVE 1995 graduate Jens Meurer started in France on July 4
- THE SLUT by Hagar Ben Asher, co-producer: PUENTES 2011 expert Benny Drechsel can be seen in French theatres since July 11.
- BACK TO STAY by Milagros Mumenthaler, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Eugenia Mumenthaler. French release on July 18.
- 360 by Fernando Mereilles, co-producer: EAVE 1992 graduate Danny Krausz was released in France on July 25.
- ADRIENN PAL by Agnes Kocsis, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Ferenc Pusztai, co-producer: EAVE 2008 graduate Oliver Neumann started in French cinemas on July 25.
- EAVE 2007 project AND IF WE ALL LIVED TOGETHER? (ET SI ON VIVAIT TOUS ENSEMBLE) by Stéphane Robelin, producers: EAVE consultant Christophe Bruncher and EAVE group leader Peter Rommel, associate producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Nicolas Lesoult. Dutch release on July 5.
- WHORE’S GLORY by Michael Glawogger, producer: EAVE 1998 graduate and Austrian National Coordinator Erich Lackner started in The Netherlands on July 5.
- UNTER DICKHÄUTERN – DIE RÜCKKEHR DER ELFEFANTEN by Peter Dreckmann, producer: EAVE 2004 graduate Olaf Jacobs broadcasted by ARD on July 9.
- DDR AHOI! HELDEN DER SEE by Lutz Pehnert, producer: EAVE 2004 graduate Olaf Jacobs was shown on MDR on July 9.
- EAVE 2010 graduate Kevin McCann invites you to listen to his radio documentary BORDER BELIEFS, which the Irish Independent has described as "a thoughtful, even handed investigation into how Irish faith has changed".
- Interviews and Master Class short docs from Fingal Film Festival this year are finally online. In case you missed them or simply want to have a look back, the FFF 2012 Interviews & Master Classes can now to be explored at:
- PEACE OLD JAZZ BAND by Uli Gaulke on “Kickstarter” from 3rd July, 2012 Uli Gaulke is presenting his cinema documentary about the oldest band in the world – the jazz band of the Peace Hotel in Shanghai – on Kickstarter.com from 3rd July, 2012 in order to raise funds. After the award-winning and internationally acclaimed documentary features HAVANNA, MI AMOR (2000), MARRY ME (2003), COMRADES IN DREAMS (2006) and PINK TAXI (2009), his latest project is just about to be finished. The budget for music rights was exceeded and 25,000 Dollars are to be raised within 30 days via Kickstarter, in order to make the film happen. The elderly gentlemen seen in the film greatly enjoyed improvising American big band classics and humming Elvis tunes. These scenes are often beautiful and touching and the filmmakers would love to keep these shots in the film. This will only be possible if the full music rights can be acquired.If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact them.
Page published 23 July 2012.