EUROPEAN DISCOVERY – Prix FIPRESCI for EAVE project OLLI MÄKI
Awards December 2016
European Film Awards
- TONI ERDMANN by Maren Ade, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach, co-producers: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE graduate Antonin Svoboda ist the big winner at the European Film Awards. The film won all the main awards: Best Screenplay, Best Actor (for Peter Simonischek), Best Actress (for Sandra Hüller), Best Director and Best Film.
- EAVE project THE HAPPIEST DAY IN THE LIFE OF OLLI MÄKI by Juho Kosmanen, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki, coproducer: EAVE graduate Nicklas Wikström Nicastro received the European Discovery Award – FIPRESCI Prize.
- A MAN CALLED OVE by Hannes Holm, producer: EAVE graduate Nicklas Wikström Nicastro was awarded Best European Comedy.
- THE COMMUNE by Thomas Vinterberg, coproducer: EAVE graduate Laurette Schillings was awarded Best European Editor (Anne Østerud & Janus Billeskov Jansen)
- 11 MINUTES by Jerzy Skolimowski, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney won Best European Sound Designer (Radosław Ochnio).
- EAVE graduate Leontine Petit received the European Co-Production Award – Prix EURIMAGES.
Les Arcs European Film Festival
- GOOD LUCK by Ben Russell, producer: EAVE graduate Janja Kralj won the Hiventy Prize in the Work in Progress section of the Les Arcs European Film Festival.
Gotham Independent Film Awards
- ELLE by Paul Verhoeven, co-producers: EAVE graduate and group leader Diana Elbaum and EAVE graduate Sébastien Delloye received the Gotham Award for Best Actress (Isabelle Huppert) at the Gotham Independent Film Awards.
Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival
- PARK by Sofia Exarchou, producer: EAVE graduate Amanda Livanou received the Youth Jury Award and the Cineuropa Prize at the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival.
Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Awards
- B’EST project HOUSE OF OTHERS by Rusudan Glurjidze, producer: B’EST graduate Zurab Magalashvili won the Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Award (APSA) for Best Achievement in Cinematography.
- ZOOLOGY by Ivan I. Tverdovsky, coproducer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille was awarded for Best Performance by an Actress (Natalia Pavlenkova).
- UNDER THE SUN by Vitaly Mansky, coproducer: EAVE graduate Simone Baumann won the Best Documentary award.
Cairo International Film Festival
- Interchange project MIMOSAS by Oliver Laxe, producer: EAVE graduate Felipe Lage Coro won the Golden Pyramid for Best Film and the Award for Best Actor (Shakib Ben Omar) at the Cairo International Film Festival.
- THE TRAIN OF SALT AND SUGAR by Licinio Azevedo, co-producers: EAVE graduates Philippe Avril and Elias Ribeiro won the Silver Pyramid for Best Director.
- EAVE project ZUD by Marta Minorowicz, producer: EAVE graduates Anna Wyrda, Ann Carolin Renninger was given the Fathy Farag Prize for Best Artistic Contribution.
Gijon Interntional Film Festival
- SLAVA (GLORY) by Kristina Grozeva, Petar Valchanov, coproducer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou won Best Feature Film, Best Script and the FIPRESCI Award at the Gijon Interntional Film Festival.
Tbilisi International Film Festival
- B’EST project HOUSE OF OTHERS by Rusudan Glurjidze, producer: B’EST graduate Zurab Magalashvili won the Golden Prometheus for Best Film at the Tbilisi International Film Festival.
Olympia International Film Festival
- B’EST project MELLOW MUD by Renars Vimba, producer: B’EST graduate Alise Gelze won three awards at the Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People. Renars Vimba received the Best Director and Best Screenplay Awards, while his lead actress, Elina Vaska, won the Best Young Actress Award. The film also won the nomination for the EFA Young Audience Award.
Three Awards for Luxembourg at the Trophée Francophone:
- DEMAIN, APRÈS LA GUERRE by Christophe Wagner, producer: EAVE graduate and EAVE Head of Studies Jani Thiltges won the Trophée Francophone for Best Directing.
- LE TOUT NOUVEAU TESTAMENT by Jaco Van Dormael, producers: EAVE graduate Paul Thiltges and EAVE graduate and Luxembourgish National Coordinator David Grumbach was awarded Best Script (Jaco Van Dormael) and Best Actor (Benoît Poelvoorde).
- KINDIL by Damien Ounouri, co-producer: Talal AlMuhanna wins three prizes at MedFilm in Rome including Best Film.
- TIMGAD by Fabrice Benchaouche, producer: Puentes graduate Lila Graffin, co-producer: EAVE graduate Antonin Dedet won the Audience Award at the Festival CINEMED Montpellier.
Caminos Festival Coimbra
- ELDORADO by Rui Abreu, Thierry Besseling and Loïc Tanson, producer: Anne Schroeder won three awards at the Caminos Festival Coimbra. The film was awarded Best Documentary, the Prix Don Quijote and the Prix de la Presse.
Mostar Film Festival
- DEATH IN SARAJEVO by Danis Tanovic, producer: EAVE National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, executive producer: EAVE graduate Adis Djapo was awarded Best Supporting Actor (Goran Navojec) at the Mostar Film Festival.
Duabi Internationale Film Festival
- EAVE project ALI, THE GOAT AND IBRAHIM by Sherif El Bendary, producer: EAVE graduate Hossam Elouan won the Best Actor Award (Ali Sobhi) at the Duabi Internationale Film Festival.
Belgrade Auteur Film Festival
- SOY NERO by Rafi Pitts, coproducer: PUENTES graduate Nicolas Celis Lopez was awarded the Grand Prix for Best Film at the Belgrade Auteur Film Festival.
- SIERANEVADA by Cristi Puiu, co-producers: EAVE graduates Zdenka Gold and Macedonian National Coordinator Labina Mitevska, executive producer: EAVE graduate Oana Giurgiu won Best Director.
- ALBUM by Mehmet Can Mertoglu, co-producers: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE participant Oana Iancu received a Special Mention.
Festival International du Film de Marrakech
- EAVE project HEARTSTONE by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, producer: Anton Mani Svansson won the Best Actor Award (Baldur Einarsson and Blær Hinriksson) at the Festival International du Film de Marrakech.
Page published 16 December 2016. Updated 19 December 2016.