EAVE projects HISTORY OF LOVE, PSYCHOBITCH and MENOCCHIO receive funding
In Development / Pre-Production
Eurimages supports 27 co-productions: At its June-meeting held in Bratislava, the Board of Management of the Council of Europe's Eurimages Fund decided to support 25 fiction films, 1 documentary and 1 animation project. Nine of them are produced by EAVE graduates.
- ALICE T. by Radu Muntean, producer: EAVE graduate Oana Iancu
- DAUGHTER OF MINE by Laura Bispuri, co-producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler
- EAVE project HISTORY OF LOVE by Sonja Prosenc, producer: EAVE graduate Rok Secen, co-producers: EAVE graduates Nadja Trevisan, Jarle Bjørknes
- IS THIS WHAT YOU WERE BORN FOR? By Radu Jude, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National coordinator Ada Solomon
- JADE by Sacha Polak, producer: EAVE graduate Marleen Slot
- STUPID YOUNG HEART by Selma Vilhunen, producers: EAVE graduates Elli Toivoniemi and Venla Hellstedt
- THE BEAST IN THE JUNGLE by Clara van Gool, producer: EAVE + graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu
- THE LAST ONES by Veiko Õunpuu, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa
- EAVE project THE DB CAMPAIGN by Dana Budisavljevic, producer: EAVE graduate Miljenka Čogelja, co-producers: EAVE graduates Vlado Bulajic and Snežana Penev
The Norwegian Film Institute has given production funding for five upcoming Norwegian features, six documentaries and seven short films. Among them is:
- EAVE project PSYCHOBITCH by Martin Lund, producer: EAVE graduate Ruben Thorkildsen
- The National Film Center of Latvia supports seven projects in its 2017 grant rounds. The grants went to six feature films, one documentary TV series and a French co-production. It also included financing two fiction films and a TV documentary series. EAVE graduate and Latvian National coordinator Aija Berzina’s and B’EST graduate Alise Ģelze’s Tasse Film alone received grants for four feature films.
- EAVE project MENOCCHIO by Alberto Fasulo, producer: EAVE graduate Nadia Trevisan, co-producer: EAVE graduate Bogdan Craciun has received production funding by the Romanian National Film Center (CNC). The film focuses on Domenico Scandella, known as Menocchio, a miller and a free spirit of the 16th century, who was burned for being a heretic after being tried by the Inquisition. Alberto Fasulo and Enrico Vecchi wrote the script. RAI Cinema and the Romanian CNC support the project. Shooting of the Italian/Romanian co-production is planned for summer/autumn 2017.
- DUBCEK by Robert Kirchhoff, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny received support from the Czech State Cinematography Fund. The documentary about the leader of the Prague Spring, Alexander Dubcek shows how big ideas, ideals and utopias are vanishing from society.
Page published 29 June 2017.