EAVE project IRON STREAM in pre-production
In Development / Pre-Production
The Wallonia-Brussels Federation’s Film and Audiovisual Centre (CCA) supports the writing, development or production of 17 features, seven shorts, 14 documentaries and four experimental films. Among them are:
- CONTINUER by Joachim Lafosse, producer: EAVE graduate produced by Jacques-Henri Bronckart
- DANS NON BATAILLES by Guillaume Senez producer: EAVE grtaduate Isabelle Truc
- PATSER by Billal Fallah and Adil El Arbi, producer: EAVE graduate Benoît Roland
- SOUS LA GLACE by Zeno, producer: EAVE graduate Valerie Bournonville
Four films by EAVE graduates are being funded by L'Aide aux Cinémas du Monde:
- LADY WINSLEY by Hiner Saleem, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Olivier Bronckart
- TRANSIT by Christian Petzold, co-producer: EAVE graduate Antonin Dedet
- MOON HOTEL KABUL by Anca Damian, producer: EAVE graduates Sophie Erbs and Tom Dercourt
Funded by the Norwegian Sørfond film fund are the following films by EAVE graduates:
- AMAL by Mohamed Siam, co-producer: EAVE graduate Ingrid Lill Høgtun
- CONTACTEE by Marite Ugas, co-producer: EAVE graduate Dag Hoel
- OFF SIDE IN KHARTOUM by Marwa Zein, co-producer: EAVE graduate Henrik Underbjerg
- RAFIKI by Wanuri Kahiu, co-producers: EAVE graduates Ruben Thorkildsen and Verona Meier
- ALONE IN SPACE by Ted Kjellsson, producer: EAVE graduate Anna Knochenhauer is in pre-production. The film is to be shot this summer in Northern Sweden. ALONE IN SPACE is a high concept adventurous, warm & funny genre feature film that doesn’t shy away from big questions about life and death. The film takes the audience on a ride with two kids lost in space, accompanied by a friendly alien.
Film Fund Luxembourg supports 14 new audiovisual projects, among them are:
- DIE LIEBENDEN by Oliver Welter and Martin Prinz, producers: EAVE graduates Gabriele Kranzelbinder
- HUMAN RESOURCES by Karolina Markiewicz and Pascal Piron, producer: EAVE graduate Marion Guth, Stéphane Hueber-Blies
- HINTERLAND by Stefan Ruzowitzky, producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu
- VOYAGER OF THE ENCHANTED FOREST by Alê Abreu, producer: EAVE graduate Stephan Roelants
- A GREYHOUND OF A GIRL by Enzo d’Alo, producer: EAVE graduate Paul Thiltges
- DIE UNSICHTBAREN by Markus Dietrich, producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu
- DEMAIN, JE TRAVERSE by Sepideh Farsi, producer: EAVE graduate Donato Rotunno
The Finnish Film Foundation supports four national features. Among them are:
- DARK CHRIST by Klaus Härö, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho
- HOMELAND by Markku Pölönen, producer: EAVE graduate Jukka Helle
- IMPALED REKTUM by Jukka Vidgren and Juuso Laaso, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho
- MATTI AND SAMI by Stefan Westerwelle, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
IFFR's Hubert Bals Fund announced its spring 2017 selection:
- ALMOST IN LOVE by Leonardo Brzezicki, co-producer: EAVE graduate Derk-Jan Warrink
- ESTATE by John Trengove, producer: EAVE producers Elias Ribeiro, Cait Pansegrouw
- THE REPORTS ON SARAH ET SALEEM by Muayad Alayan, co-producer: EAVE graduate Hanneke Niens
- GRÜNER WIRD’S NICHT by Florian Gallenberger, producer: EAVE MW graduate Jonas Katzenstein gets support from the German Federal film Board (FFA). Written by Bavarian author and actor Jockel Tschiersch tells the story of a gardener who one day has had enough of everything and takes to his old propeler plane and flies away.
- ANNETTE by Leos Carax, co-producer: EAVE graduate Henning Kamm receves support frome the German-French Commission. The musical about two men, one woman, a baby and three stars is produced by the Parisian outfit Arena Films.
The Irish Film Board is funding the following upcoming Irish feature film projects.
- THE GEE GEES by David Kerr, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney
- THE HOLE IN THE GROUND by Lee Cronin, producer: EAVE graduate Conor Barry
- THE LITTLE STRANGER by Lenny Abraham, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney
- VITA & VIRGINIA by Chanya Button, producer: EAVE graduate Katie Holly
The Croatian Audiovisual Centre has selected projects for production grants and minority coproductions grants, and also for script and project development. Among them are:
- JANJE by Nina Violic, producer: EAVE graduate Zdenka Gold
- JEDNA JE SAKIBA by Ranko Paukovic, producer: EAVE graduate Zdenka Gold
- ZORA by Dalibor Matanic, producer: EAVE graduate and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic
- EAVE project IRON STREAM by Kamar Ahmad Simon, producer: EAVE graduate Sara Afreen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jakob Weydemann is in pre-production. Escaping a struggling career, a lonely musician returns to his birthplace after 17 years with his mother's ashes! His old school buddy, a rebellious journalist fleeing charges of conspiracy against state, joins his quest searching a forgotten river and a grandfather he never met. The film received support from Filmstiftung NRW – Produktion 2. Now the producers are expecting more funding decisions and hope to start shooting this year.
- GOD EXISTS, HER NAME IS PETRUNIJA by Teona Strugar Mitevska, producers: EAVE graduate and Macedonian National Coordinator Labina Mitevska, Sébastien Delloye is in pre-production. The film tells a simple, almost comical story that shows the absurdities of the world we live in, focusing on a day in the life of Petrunija, a single, unemployed, 31-year-old woman, who decides to do the unthinkable and intervene in the world of men. Macedonia's Sisters and Brother Mitevski Production is producing in co-production with Entre chien et Loup from Belgium and is currently negotiating with Slovenia’s Vertigo, expecting one or more European countries joining the project. The film recently received support from Creative Europe, the Macedonian Film Agency and Belgium Film and Tax Shelter. The film was presented at Paris Co-production village, Venice Bridge Gap and Cinelink Sarajevo, where it won the top award for development given by Eurimages. Principal photography is scheduled to start in November 2017.
- SUMMER WITH BERNARD by Martina Sakova, producer: EAVE graduate Katarina Krnacova is in development. The Slovak/German/Czech coproduction will shoot in summer 2018. The children’s film tells the story of an 11-year-old boy from Leipzig, who is sent to Slovakia to spend the summer with his grumpy and lonely grandfather. Krnacova is producing through her company Silverart. Tomas Vach is producing on the Czech side through Masterfilm. The German co-producers are Projector23 and Farbfilm Production. Support comes from the Slovak Audiovisual Fund and from Germany. Cinemart is on board to distribute in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Page published 30 May 2017.