EAVE project BOYS WHO LIKE GIRLS
In Post-Production February 2018
- ONE LAST DEAL by Klaus Harö, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho is in post-production. The film is about an elderly art dealer who is desperate to find a real treasure before he retires, while trying to reconnect with his neglected family. ONE LAST DEAL is produced by Helsinki-based company Making Movies with support from the Finnish Film Foundation.
- IRON SKY: THE ARK by Timo Vuorensola, producer: EAVE graduate Tero Kaukomaa is in post-production. According to an official statement, the latest chapter of the series will follow two Chinese university-dropout audiophiles who decide to decode a cryptic voice message transmitted from the Moon. As it turns out, they will have to fight to save humanity as they face the mystical society of the Illuminati. The third instalment in the space Nazis franchise managed to raise funds through at least 500 backers from 30 different countries, although its €20 million budget is fully funded by China, making this the first co-production between Finland and China. IRON SKY: THE ARK is a Finnish-Chinese-Canadian co-production by Iron Sky Universe with China Film Group Corporation, Shandong Jiabo Culture Development Co, Pan Pan Pictures and Longevity International Enterprises. The film started shooting four months ago at Wanda Studios in Qingdao, China, and is currently wrapping in Finland.
- LET ME FALL by Baldvin Z, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jukka Helle is in post-production. The film tells the story of 15-year-old Magnea and her eye-opening encounter with Stella. Stella's no-holds-barred lifestyle drags them both into a world of drugs, which brings serious consequences for each of them, and their relationship. Twelve years later, their paths cross again, and a reckoning between them becomes unavoidable. Produced by Reykjavik-based firm Icelandic Film Company in co-operation with Solar Films (Finland), the feature has received financial support from the Nordisk Film & TV Fond and the Icelandic Film Centre.
- EAVE Marketing Workshop project THE DEPOSIT by Asthildur Kjartansdottir, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Sigurdardottir is in post-production. Gisella is a 40-year-old woman who rents out spare bedrooms in her lavish Reykjavik home to two immigrant women, Maria and Abeba. When Gisella loses her job as a journalist, she becomes desperate and begins to write a freelance article based on the lives of the women living in her home. An arrangement that begins well soon develops into Gisella’s worst nightmare as she loses control of her home and her sanity. The film is produced by Reykjavik-based firms Askja Films and Rebella Filmworks, and has the support of the Icelandic Film Centre.
- EAVE project BOYS WHO LIKE GIRLS by Inka Achté, produced by EAVE graduate Liisa Juntunen is in post-production. The Mumbai-set character-driven documentary follows three men as they each try to find a way to be a good man in a deeply patriarchal Indian society undergoing slow but certain reshaping of gender roles. The film is co-produced by Christian Falch (Gammaglimt Norway), with support from the Finnish Film Foundation and the Norwegian Film Institute.
- THE DISTANCE BETWEEN ME AND ME by Mona Nicoara and Dana Bunescu, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon is in post-production. The documentary about the Romanian poet Nina Cassian (1924-2014) was shot during the last year of Cassian’s life. The film is based on an idea by Ada Solomon and is produced by Romania’s Hi Film Productions and Sat Mic Film from the U.S., in co-production with Romanian Public Television (TVR) and with the support of the Romanian Film Centre and the Creative Europe - MEDIA Programme of the European Union. The project was also financially supported by Orange România, Altex România, Cine Globe, Avon România, Renault Commercial Roumanie.
Page published 27 February 2018.