EAVE project ANOTHER DAY IN BAGHDAD supported by CNC New Technologies Fund
In Development / Pre-Production December 2016
The German-French Funding Commission supports the development and production of four film projects. Among them are:
- MAYA by Mia HansenLøve, producer: EAVE graduate Verona Meier
- TRANSIT by Christian Petzold, coproducer: EAVE graduate Antonin Dedet
The Film Fund Luxembourg supports 11 new projects. Among the fiction features, documentaries, animations and fiction series are the following films by EAVE graduates:
- 68 by Andy Bausch, producer: EAVE graduate Paul Thiltges
- DIE LIEBHABERINNEN by Caroline Kox, producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander DumreicherIvanceanu
- FOR A HAPPY LIFE by Salima Glamine and Dimitri Linde, producer: EAVE graduate and Head of Studies Jani Thiltges
- KOSMIK JOURNEY by Jan Kounen, producer: EAVE graduate Marion Guth
- MURER by Christian Frosch, producer: EAVE graduate Paul Thiltges
- Untitled documentary by Alexander Nanau, producer: EAVE graduate and Head of Studies Jani Thiltges
The Romanian National Film Center supports new fiction, documentary and animated projects. Among them are:
- EDEN by Agnes Kocsis, producer: EAVE graduate Tudor Giurgiu
- I HATE BERLIN by Valentin Hotea, producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- OCCASIONAL SPIES by Oana Giurgiu, producer: EAVE graduate Tudor Giurgiu
- SPIRAL by Cecilia Felmeri, producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- THE DEAD COUNTRY by Radu Jude, producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- THESE ARE FISH BONE by Dragomir Sholev, producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- TIE by Marius Olteanu, producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- WINDSEEKER by Marius Sofronea, producer: EAVE graduate Tudor Giurgiu
Croatian Audiovisual Centre HAVC and the Film Fund of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- FATHER by Srdan Golubovic, coproducer: EAVE graduate Danijel Hocevar,
- SON by Ines Tanovic, producer: EAVE participant Alem Babic, and Danis Tanovic’s 9034 receive financial support from the Croatian Audiovisual Centre HAVC and the Film Fund of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
CNC New Technologies Fund
- EAVE project ANOTHER DAY IN BAGHDAD by Maysoon Pachachi, producers: EAVE graduate Talal AlMuhanna, Patrice Nezan & Alexander Ris receives support from the CNC New Technologies Fund.
Arte France Cinéma
- COLD WAR by Pawel Pawlikowski, producer: EAVE graduate Lukasz Dieziol gets backing from Arte France Cinéma. The filmmaker’s new feature will be set in communist Poland during the 1950s and 1960s, and will revolve around two youngsters and the difficulties of being in love at that time. The FrenchPolishBritish production will be staged by MK Productions, Opus Film and Apocalypso Pictures.
- Entre Chien et Loup and Kwassa Films join forces. Entre Chien et Loup, the company which was set up 30 years ago by Diana Elbaum and is active in audiovisual production, and young company Kwassa Films, founded by Annabella Nezri, team up. The two companies join forces and skills sets to increase levels of cooperation between their various professionals and allow them to rapidly evolve with new market opportunities: film, television, the Internet and virtual reality. Kwassa Films stands out with its pool of young writers and directors, and will rely on the knowhow and contacts of Entre Chien et Loup to accelerate the production process for its projects, whilst Entre Chien et Loup broadens its policy for supporting young talent to include producers. Diana Elbaum and Annabella Nezri have just teamed up to launch Boost Camp. The initiative aims to accelerate the development of films or series created by women, and to support them so that they don’t lose touch with the market due to the fact that their projects take longer to develop than those of their male counterparts. The first session kicks off in March 2017.
- Aurora Media Holdings of Ties That Bind graduate Justin Deimen has signed a multipicture development and production agreement with Kathy Morgan International at Screen Singapore this year.
The Asian media organisation recently established a $30m content fund, which will be utilised in this deal with Kathy Morgan International to distribute and develop upcoming international film projects.
Aurora Media Holdings will serve as producers on a slate of new movies with Kathy Morgan International including Stano, which will be directed by Oscarwinner John G. Avildsen (Rocky) and produced by William Chartoff (Creed). The film is an underdog story about a rising baseball star who finds himself in prison after a terrible accident. The movie will begin principal photography next spring with the investment firm Salt Media also offering support.
Aurora Media Holdings also invested in the new BeachTV platform focused on a variety of beach-related content, from beach sports and fashion, to parties and festivals, to lifestyle, tourism and marine conservation.
- ALL ALONE by Bobo Jelcic, producer: EAVE graduate Zedenka Gold, co-producer: EAVE participant Alem Babic is in preparation. The film is an intimate character study and a social drama about a divorced father struggling with the legal labyrinth without breaking the parental bond. The story written by Jelcic focuses on a divorced father who starts exparte proceedings to spend more time with his daughter, but enters the Kafkaesque world of a social services system in meltdown. His fierce love for his child is the source of his misery and of his greatest joy as well. Zdenka Gold is producing through Croatia’s Spiritus Movens Production in coproduction with Alem Babić through Dokument Sarajevo from Bosnia and Herzegovina. The project received a production grant from the Croatian Audiovisual Centre and a coproduction grant from Fondacija na kinematografiju Sarajevo. The 30 shooting days are scheduled from 20 February to 1 April 2017.
Page published 16 December 2016. Updated 19 December 2016.