Best Screenplay in Cannes for THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER
Awards May 2017
Cannes Film Festival
- THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER by Yorgos Lantimnos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney won the award for Best Screenplay in the Cannes competition.
German Film Awards
- TONI ERDMANN by Maren Ade, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach, co-producers: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE graduate Antonin Svoboda won all main awards at the German Film Awards. The film was awarded Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Editing.
- DIE BLUMEN VON GESTERN by Chris Kraus, producer: EAVE graduate and group leader Danny Krausz won Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress.
Tribeca Film Festival
- SON OF SOFIA by Elina Psykou producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis, co-produced by EAVE graduates Janja Kralj and Borislav Chouchkov won the Best International Narrative Feature Award at Tribeca FF.
- THE COLOR OF THE CHAMELEON by Andrés Lübbert, producer: EAVE MW graduate Eric Goossens received an Honorable Mention in the VIKTOR main competition at the Dokfest München.
- COMMUNION by Anna Zamecka, producer: EAVE graduate Anna Wydra won the DOK.fest Award of SOS Kinderdörfer
South East European Film Festival
- Four Awards for EAVE project THAT TRIP WE TOOK WITH DAD, written and directed by: Anca M. Lazarescu, producers: Ties That Bind graduate David Lindner and EAVE graduate Verona Meier: Best First Feature, Special Jury Prize, Best Cinematography and the Audience Award at the South East European Film Festival, SEEfest
- LIMBO by EAVE graduate Konstantina Kotzamani, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Dandraki won Best Short Fiction film
- MY AUNT IN SARAJEVO by Goran Kapetanovic, producer: EAVE graduate China Ahlander received a Special Jury Mention
Buenos Aires International Film Festival
- Interchange project MIMOSAS by Oliver Laxe, producer: EAVE graduate Felipe Lage Coro was awarded Best Director and the Signis Award at the Buenos Aires International Film Festival
- SUMMER 1993 by Carla Simon, producer: EAVE graduate and Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora received a Special Mention in the Vanguardia competition.
- I, OLGA HEPNAROVA by Petr Kazda, Tomas Weinreb, co-producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille won the main prize of the Finale Plzen national festival of Czech Films
- 5 OCTOBER by Martin Kollar, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny won Best Documentary
Cyprus Film Days
- GODLESS by Ralitza Petrovam, co-producers: EAVE graduates Katrin Pors and Mikkel Jersin was awarded Best Director at the Cyprus Film Days
- SUNTAN by Argyris Papadimitropoulos, producer: EAVE graduate Phaedra Vokali, co-producers: EAVE graduates Konstantina Stavrianou, EMW graduate Theodora Valentis received two Special Mentions (Best Actress, Best Actor).
Crossing Europe Film Festival Linz
- QUIT STARING AT MY PLATE by Hana Jusic, producer: EAVE graduate and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic won Best Fiction Film Award in Crossing Europe Film Festival Linz.
- EAVE project HEARTSTONE by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, producer: Anton Mani Svansson received the Audience Award
- RODNYE (CLOSE RELATIONS) by Vitaly Mansky, producer: EAVE graduate Simone Baumann was awarded Best Documentary
Millennium Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
- THE GOOD POSTMAN by Tonislav Hristov, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho received a Special Mention at the Millennium Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
- MAIKÄFER FLIEG! by Mirjam Unger, producer: EAVE graduate Gabriele Kranzelbinder won the LEO Children and Youth Award at the Filmkunstfest Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- WHEN PAUL CAME OVER THE SEA by Jakob Preuss, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann received a Special Mention
- DONKEYOTE by Chico Pereira, producer: EAVE graduate Ingmar Trost won the ARACNE Award for the Best Spanish Director at DocumentaMadrid.
Page published 30 May 2017.