13 Awards for EAVE producers in Venice
Awards September 2017
Venice International Film Festival
- FOXTROT by Samuel Maoz, associated producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler won the Silver Lion - Grand Jury Prize, Premio Arca Cinema Giovani Award for Best Film in Competition and a SIGNIS Award Special Mention.
- HANNAH by Andrea Pallaoro, co-producer: EAVE graduate Clément Duboin won the Volpi Cup — Best Actress and La Pellicola d’Oro Award - Best Stagehand.
- THE PRINCE AND THE DYBBUK by Elwira Niewiera, Piotr Rosolowski, producer: EAVE graduate Ann Carolin Renninger was awarded Best Documentary on Cinema.
- CANDELARIA by Jhonny Hendrix, co-producers: EAVE graduate Dag Hoel, EAVE graduate Barbara Sarasola-Day won the Directors award of the Giornate degli Autori at Venice.
- TEMPORADA DE CAZA (HUNTING SEASON) by Natalia Garagiola, producers: EAVE graduates Santiago Gallell, Jonas Katzenstein; Philippe Avril; Benjamin Domenech Critics' Week Best Film and SIAE Audience Award
- THE LEISURE SEEKER by Paolo Virzi, executive producer: EAVE graduate and Luxembourgish National Coordinator David Grumbach was awarded the Leoncino d'Oro Agiscuola Award.
- HUMAN FLOW by Ai Weiwei, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert received 2 Special mentions and Enrico Fulchignoni – CICT-UNESCO Award.
San Sebastián International Film Festival
- The FIPRESCI Grand Prix 2017 goes to THE OTHER SIDE OF HOPE by Aki Kaurismäki, co-producers: EAVE graduates Misha Jaari, Mark Lwoff. The award ceremony took place during the opening ceremony of the San Sebastián International Film Festival.
- THE MOLE AGENT, directed by PUENTES graduate Maite Alberdi wins the EFADs-CAACI grant at the VI Europe-Latin America Co-Production Forum.
Gdynia Film Festival
- SPOOR (POKOT) by Agnieszka Holland, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Johannes Rexin won the Best Directing Award and Best Make-up at the Gdynia Film Festival.
- BEYOND WORDS by Urszula Antoniak, producers: EAVE graduates Floor Onrust, Lukas Dzieciol wins Best Cinematography (Lennert Hillege), Best Sound (Miroslaw Makowski, Maciej Pawlowski, Jan Schermer)
Film Festival Oostende
- HOME by Fien Troch, producer: EAVE graduate Antonio Lombardo scooped eight Ensors, the Belgian Film Awards, at the Film Festival Oostende. The film was awarded the Grand Prix for best film and the prize for Best Director. The Best Actor award went jointly to Loïc Bellemans, Mistral Guidotti and Sebastian Van Dun. Lena Suijkerbuijk won the Best Actress award. Els Deceukelier was awarded Best Supporting Actress. The the Best Editing award went to Nico Leunen.
- KING OF THE BELGIANS, directed and produced by EAVE graduates Peter Brosens, Jessica Woodworth, co-producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings, Frans Van Gestel won Best Screenplay.
- BRIMSTONE my Martin Koolhoven, producer: EAVE graduate Antonio Lombardo was awarded Best Co-production with the Netherlands.
Riga International Film Festival
- NOVEMBER by Rainer Sarnet, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa won three awards at the Riga International Film Festival, including the festival’s main award. The film also won the #Youth_Matters Award and the Splendid Palace People’s Choice Award.
Montreal World Film Festival
- THE BASICS OF KILLING by Jan Cvitkovic, producer: EAVE graduate and Serbian National Coordiantor Miroslav Mogorovic was awarded Best Actress (Irena Kovacevic) at the Montreal World Film Festival.
Israeli Film Awards
- FOXTROT by Samuel Maoz, associated producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler dominated the Israeli Film Awards, winning eight awards. The film was awarded Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (Lior Ashkenazi), Best Cinematography (Giora Bejach), Best Editing (Arik Lahav Leibovitch, Guy Nemesh), Best Art Direction (Arad Sawat), Best Original Music (Ophir Leibovitch, Amit Poznansky), Best Sound (Alex Claud).
Festival of Slovenian Film in Portorose
- IVAN by Janez Burger, producer: EAVE graduate Miha Cernec triumphs at the Slovenian national awards. Given out on the Festival of Slovenian Film in Portorose, the film picked up eight awards, including Best Feature Film, Best Screenplay for Burger, Srdjan Koljevic, Melina Koljevic and Ales Car, and Best Actress in a Leading Role for Marusa Majer as well as the awards for Best Make-up (Alenka Nahtigal) and Best Music (Damir Avdic). The film also won the Teleking Award, Slovenian Film Critics’ Jury Award and the Slovene Art Cinema Association Award.
- THE MINER by Hanna Slak, producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic won the Awards for Best Direction, Best Actor in a Leading Role (Leon Lucev), Best Editing (Vladimir Gojun).
- PERSEVERANCE by Miha Knific, producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic won Best Original Work, as well as Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Ivanka Mezan) and Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Brane Grubar).
- THE BASICS OF KILLING by Jan Cvitkovic, producer: EAVE graduate and Serbian National Coordinator Miroslav Mogorovic won Best Cinematography (Marko Brdar), Best Original Music (Damir Avdic) and Best Sound (Bostjan Kacicnik).
Finnish Film Affair
- STUPID YOUNG HEART by Selma Vilhunen, producers: EAVE graduates Elli Toivoniemi and Venla Hellstedt won the Pitch Award at the Finnish Film Affair in Helsinki.
Holland Film Meeting
- LIFE AFTER ZORO by Raf Reyntjens, producer: EAVE graduate Katleen Goossens wins the The Warnier Posta Prize of the Holland Film Meeting 2017.
Cinematik International Film Festival
- GRAVE (RAW) by Julia Ducournau, producer: EAVE graduate and French National Coordinator Jean des Forêts, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Yves Roubain was awarded best international feature film at the Cinematik International Film Festival.
- THIS IS NOT ME by Miro Remo, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny wins the Award from the Mayor of Piešťany.
Page published 28 September 2017. Updated 29 September 2017.