4 European Film Awards for EAVE produces
Awards December 2017
Four films by EAVE graduate are among the winners at the European Film Awards:
- COMMUNION by Anna Zamecka, producer: EAVE graduate Anna Wydra was awarded Best European Documentary
- LOVING VINCENT by Dorota Kobiela and EAVE graduate Hugh Welchman, producer: EAVE graduate Hugh Welchman was accoladed Best European Animation
- STEFAN ZWEIG: FAREWELL TO EUROPE by Maria Schrader, producer: EAVE graduate Danny Krausz won the People's Choice Award
- EAVE project HEARTSTONE by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, producer: Anton Mani Svansson won European University Film Award (parallel prize).
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- SOMETHING USEFUL by Pelin Esmer, co-producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfend, Laurette Schillings, Frans Van Gestel won the Best Script Award at the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- VACUUM by Christine Repond, producer: EAVE graduate Karin Koch was awarded Best Actress (Barbara Auer)
- NOVEMBER by Rainer Sarnet, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa received the Best Estonian Film Award in the domestic competition.
Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event 2017 Awards:
- THE GREAT BEAR by Jan Forsström, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho won the Eurimages Co-Production Development Award
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT by Liina Trishkina-Vanhatalo, producer: EAVE on Demand graduate Madis Tüür was awarded the Baltic Event Works in Progress
- EAVE graduate Didar Domehri’s Maneki Films has won the IFCIC Award. The trophy, which rewards a young independent production company is handed out by the Institute for the Funding of Cinema and Cultural Industries. After working as a sales director at Films Distribution, Domehri made the leap to production by founding the Paris-based outfit Maneki Films and the Full House label. Now with around ten features to her credit, she has staged such titles as BANG GANG by Eva Husson and has just wrapped the shoot for the filmmaker’s new movie, GIRLS OF THE SUN. Her filmography also includes THE SUMMIT by Santiago Mitre, besides features helmed by such names as Laurent Cantet, Pablo Trapero and Wang Xiaoshuai. Didar Domehri was also named one of European Film Promotion’s Producers on the Move this year.
British Independent Film Awards
- I AM NOT A WITCH by Rungano Nyoni, producer: EAVE graduate Juliette Grandmont, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Titus Kreyenberg scooped three awards at the British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs): Best Director, The Douglas Hickox Award for Best Debut Director and Breakthrough Producer (Emily Morgan).
Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival
- I STILL HIDE TO SMOKE by Rayhana, producer: EAVE graduate Fenia Cossovitsa won the Grand Prix du Jury and the Prix de la Critique at the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival.
Asian Pacific Screen Awards
- SCARY MOTHER by Ana Urushadze, producer: EAVE graduate Tinatin Kajrishvili was awarded both the the Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Award (APSA) for Best Performance by an Actress (Nata Murvanidze) and one of two Jury Grand Prizes
- ARRHYTHMIA by Boris Khlebnikov, producers: EAVE graduates Eva Blondiau, Natalia Drozd, Aleksi Hyvarinen was awarded the second Jury Grand Prize
- Ties That Bind project THE SEEN AND UNSEEN by Kamila Andini, producer: Ties That Bind graduate Gita Fara won the APSA for Best Youth Feature Film
Cairo International Film Festival
- THE INTRUDER by Leonardo di Costanzo, producer: EAVE graduate Carlo Cresto-Dina won the Golden Pyramid for Best Film
- NINA by Juraj Lehotsky, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny Silver Pyramid was awarded the Special Jury Prize for Best Director
- PUENTES project LOS PERROS by Marcela Said, producers: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt, EAVE graduate Sophie Erbs, co-producers: EAVE graduate Benjamin Domenech, EAVE MW graduate Jonas Katzenstein, associate producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler was awarded with the Naguib Mahfouz Prize for Best Screenplay
- INSYRIATED by Philippe Van Leeuw, co-producers: EAVE graduates Tomas Leyers, Jacques Henri Bronckart was given the Prize for Best Actress
- THE SWAN by Asa Helga Hjörleifsdottir, producer: EAVE graduate Verena Gräfe-Höft won the Shadi Abdel Salam Prize for Best Film
- EAVE project GHOST HUNTING by Raed Andoni, producer: EAVE graduate Palmyre Badinier received the Saad Eldin Wahba Prize for Best Arab Film
Gijon Interntional Film Festival
- SCARY MOTHER by Ana Urushadze, producer: EAVE graduate Tinatin Kajrishvili won Best Director, Best Cinematography Youth Jury Award at the Gijon Interntional Film Festival.
- EN ATTENDANT LES HIRONDELLES by Karim Moussaoui, producer: EAVE graduate Nicole Gerhards won the Gil Parrondo Award for Best Artistic Direction and the Special Jury Award
- DIRECTIONS by Stephan Komandarev, producer: EAVE graduate Katya Trichkova was awarded Best Screenplay.
Tbilisi International Film Festival
- SCARY MOTHER by Ana Urushadze, producer: EAVE graduate Tinatin Kajrishvili won Best Georgian Fiction Film at the Tbilisi International Film Festival.
Belfort Entrevues Festival
- MILLA by Valerie Massadian, producer: EAVE graduate Sophie Erbs won the Camira Feature Film Award at the Belfort Entrevues Festival.
Dubai International Film Festival
- EAVE project WAJIB by Annemarie Jacir, producer: EAVE graduate Ossama Bawardi, Ruben Thorkildsen won Best Muhr Fiction Feature and Best Actor Award (Mohammed Bakri) at the Dubai International Film Festival.
Vietnam Film Festival
- Ties That Bind project A YELLOW BIRD by K. Rajagopal producers: Ties That Bind graduate Jeremy Chua, EAVE graduate Fran Borgia won the ASEAN Film award at the Vietnam Film Festival.
International Film Festival & Awards Macao
- TEMPORADA DE CAZA (HUNTING SEASON) by Natalia Garagiola, producers: EAVE graduates Santiago Gallell, Jonas Katzenstein; Philippe Avril; Benjamin Domenech receives Best Film Award.
Page published 14 December 2017. Updated 15 December 2017.